~ General information ~
Runners will be timed with an Amarider Trail Tag and timing data will be streamed live on www.trailtag.co.za. If you have a permanent Amarider Trail Tag from previous events please bring it along to the event.
Runners also have the option of renting a temporary Amarider Trail tag at R20 and will be given to you at registration with your race number. The temporary tag will be taken off at the finish line.
Remember NO Trail Tag - NO Time. Late entries must remember that the file must still be captured & loaded - so your name will appear later.
Wear the tag around your right wrist like a watch. Not around your ankle please.
1. Only run with your own TrailTag
2. Please return your rental tags at the finishline, staff will assist
3. The reader is powerful enough to read through arm warmers etc.
A briefing will take place 5 minutes before the start - runners must stay on the marked trail or will be disqualified. Listen to the briefing at the start which route to follow. Do not turn unless there is an arrow. Follow signs in front of you!
Please do not litter! We also urge you to not leave valuables in your vehicle. We can keep car keys for you.
To view Dirtopia event rules - CLICK HERE
Additional Trail Run event rules:
• All participants need to obey the officials & marshals
• Numbers must be visible in the front at all times, especially crossing the finish line.
• Please do not use Ipods / earphones - enjoy the sounds of nature!
• First over the line wins.
• Winners must be present at prizegiving or forfeit their prize.
Runners must follow correct routes!
RECOVERY MASSAGES available, see price list below:
- Back Massage - 15 mins @ R60
- Back of Leg Massage - 10 mins @ R40
- Front of Leg Massage - 10 mins @ R40
- Back and Front Leg Combo - 15 mins @ R60
- Foot Massage/Reflexology - 10 mins @ R40
- Back of Body Massage (back,neck, head, legs) - 20 mins @ R100
Remember to pre-book your recovery massage with Olivia! Back or legs massage for only R50 (valid for pre-bookings only).
MySOS: Event Emergency Feature
mySOS app is a Smartphone app available for both iOS and Android.
MySOS is the solution for access to the emergency closet and appropriate emergency service without scrolling through contact list or memorising numbers. MySOS can not only be used during our events but everyday. Download here: http://www.mysos.co.za/download.html
mySOS Events Emergency Assist
(a) allows registered users at an accredited event to access the mySOS Events Emergency Assist functionality
(b) allows participants to contact the events emergency coordinator directly through the app, by means of a dedicated events emergency button with default event emergency contact numbers
(c) allows you to activate an emergency response for yourself or on behalf of someone else
(d) auto-notifies the events emergency coordinator on your behalf and provides them with the necessary information.
For more information:
We encourage all participants to carry their phones with them during the event, arm pouches or a camelback will be perfect for this! Can also be purchased at our Trail Centre.